WorldVeg is an independent, non-governmental, not-for profit international agricultural research institute run by a management team that reports to an international Board of Directors.
The Center has approximately 350 staff, including about 50 internationally recruited scientists and professionals from more than 30 different countries.
Senior managers and support offices with global responsibilities are located in the Center’s headquarters in Shanhua, Taiwan. Regional directors manage research and development projects from five regional offices and various project offices.
The Center’s matrix structure integrates regions and four scientific flagships:
• Shanhua, Taiwan
• East and Southeast Asia – Bangkok, Thailand (1992)
• Eastern and Southern Africa – Arusha, Tanzania (1992)
• South and Central Asia – Hyderabad, India (2006)
• West and Central Africa – Dry Regions – Bamako, Mali (2007)
• West and Central Africa – Coastal and Humid Regions – Cotonou, Benin (2017)
• Korea – Rural Development Administration (RDA), National Institute of Horticultural and Herbal Science, Korea (2019)
• Yaounde, Cameroon
• East and Southeast Asia Research and Training Station – Kamphaeng Saen, Thailand