APSA / WorldVeg Vegetable Breeding Consortium ANNUAL WORKSHOP
16-17 May 2018
World Vegetable Center Headquarters, Taiwan
The APSA/WorldVeg Vegetable Breeding Consortium Annual Workshop will change the way you do breeding and business!
• Learn about the latest developments in breeding research from the WorldVeg team of internationally renowned plant breeders
• Scout field trials of improved breeding material to enhance your cultivar catalog
• Meet breeders, pathologists, entomologists, a genebank manager and other researchers to strengthen your knowledge network*
*Available for individual meetings on 18 May by appointment
Registration opens soon!
APSA/WorldVeg Vegetable Breeding Consortium Annual Workshop
Asia & Pacific Seed Association
P.O. Box 1030 Kasetsart Post Office
Bangkok 10903, Thailand
REGISTRATION OPENS SOON!
DOWNLOAD the workshop flyer
• 10-15 newly developed and previously released elite fresh market and dual-purpose tomato
lines with TYLCD, bacterial wilt, and fusarium wilt resistances*
• 5-8 entries of new TYLCD, bacterial wilt, and late blight resistant fresh market tomato lines
under evaluation in a preliminary yield trial (PYT)
• 8 newly developed bitter gourd lines with cucurbit powdery mildew (Podosphaera xanthii)
resistance and possessing good fruit quality*
• 4 previously released elite bitter gourd lines possessing traits of high yield, good fruit quality
and resistance to cucurbit powdery mildew*
• 8 newly developed lines of hot pepper and sweet pepper (4 each) with multiple disease
resistance (Potato virus Y, Phytophthora capsici, chili veinal mosaic virus, tomato mosaic virus
and bacterial wilt)*
• 24 previously released elite lines of hot and sweet pepper (12 of each)*
• 48 entries of hot and sweet pepper yield trials lines with multiple disease resistance
*Seeds of all these lines are available for immediate distribution to Consortium members!
Who should attend?
Participation in the workshop is open only to registered APSA/WorldVeg Vegetable Breeding Consortium companies.
Consortium membership includes free workshop participation for one representative from each consortium company (includes lodging, meals, workshop materials, coffee breaks, and transportation to/from Kaohsiung Airport or Tainan High Speed Rail Station).
Attendance fee for each additional participant: US$600.