PAS DE DEUX SALAD
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Water dropwort (Oenanthe javanica) shoots with tough petioles removed, 2 portions of 50 g each
Onion, 2 stems of green onion and 1 bulb onion of 80-100 g
Cherry tomato, 8-10
Pepper, red and yellow sweet, 80-100 g each; chili, 3 of small size
Garlic cloves, 2
Cassava starch, 2 tablespoons
Perch fillet, 200 g
Canned tuna, about 110 g
Lemon juice, 1 teaspoon
Salad oil, 2 tablespoons
Salt, 1/4 teaspoon for central portion, 1/8 teaspoon for outer portion
1. Cut perch into finger-size strips, place strips into a container, sprinkle evenly with salt, set aside.
2. Chop green onion and garlic into tiny pieces and cut chili pepper into thin strips.
3. Coat fish strips with cassava starch; fry over medium heat until golden brown; remove from pan, drain off the oil; and set aside.
4. Stir-fry green onion, garlic and chili pepper with salad oil; when fragrant, add water dropwort and then fish; continue stir-frying until evenly mixed; remove and place in the center of a serving plate.
5. Cut onion and sweet peppers with seeds removed into thin strips.
6. Place vegetable strips into a container, sprinkle with salt, and toss well with water dropwort.
7. Drain oil from tuna; combine with water dropwort mixture; add lemon juice; and mix well.
8. Place the mixture in the outer portion of a serving plate.
Water dropwort shoots can be replaced with blanched young leaves of velvetleaf or young shoots of tropical violet and honewort.